Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Storyville: Voices From The University Of New Orleans
Storyville is a new collaboration between of the University of New Orleans and WWNO.
These are true stories about New Orleans written by the students in the University’s Creative Writing Workshop — our next generation of writers. The stories are as diverse, original and colorful as the city itself. The subjects range from bicycling in New Orleans in the 1880s to Hubig’s pies to teaching high school in the city to the original Storyville neighborhood. The scope is limitless. Expect to be surprised, delighted, moved and entertained.
The stories are read by the students themselves. You can hear the stories here as podcasts, as well as read the entire script and learn about the students themselves. You will also hear the stories on the air.
From the moment you hear Irvin Mayfield play the spirited theme he composed especially for Storyville, you know you’re someplace special.
Welcome to Storyville.