bomb threat

Officials say the suspect believed to be behind the bomb threat that led to the evacuation of the LSU campus earlier this week has been indicted by a federal grand jury.

U.S. Attorney Don Cazayoux said Thursday William Bouvay, 42, is charged with one count of willfully conveying false information concerning the attempt to destroy property by means of explosives.

If convicted, the Baton Rouge resident faces up to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $250,000.

Louisiana State University officials say everything is back to normal a day after a bomb threat spawned an evacuation of the Baton Rouge campus.

University spokesman Herb Vincent said Tuesday LSU police are leading the investigation into the caller who phoned in a bomb threat Monday morning.

Louisiana State Police superintendent Col. Mike Edmonson said the caller will be arrested and prosecuted.

A trial has been postponed for a Loyola University student charged with sending threatening emails to the campus police department.

The start of the trial for 21-year-old Evelyn A. Hubbard, of New Orleans, has been moved from Monday to Sept. 17. A judge's order says more time for trial preparation was needed.

Hubbard faces one count of threatening interstate communications, a charge punishable by up to five years in prison.