Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
The Sound of Books
Each Wednesday morning on The Sound of Books award-winning producer and interviewer Fred Kasten talks to the author — or occasionally editor — of a new or recently-published book that Fred judges to be both well written and of likely interest to WWNO listeners.
Writers covered on The Sound of Books range from such internationally acclaimed authors as Pulitzer Prize- and MacArthur Grant-winning fiction writer Junot Diaz — and U.S. Poet Laureate Natasha Trethewey — to emerging writers worthy of wider recognition, such as novelists Skip Horack and Amor Towles.
The Sound of Books covers work in a variety of genres, including fiction, non-fiction and poetry.