Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
All Songs Considered
Sat January 18, 2014
A World Of Live Music, Captured With Pen And Paper
Originally published on Thu January 16, 2014 9:31 am
While photographers click and shoot their way through live concerts, capturing the best moments in fractions of seconds, illustrator Michael Arthur prefers to preserve the highlights at what some might consider glacial speed, using pen and ink.
Of course, Arthur's methods aren't slow at all. In fact, he has to move pretty quickly to get a moment down before it passes. If you attended last weekend's GlobalFEST gathering in New York, you might have seen him off to the side, furiously drawing and preserving the most inspiring moments from the dozen-plus bands that played the festival.
We'll feature some of our favorite discoveries from GlobalFEST 2014 on this week's of All Songs Considered. We've also got full concerts and samples to hear from most of the bands that performed. But in the meantime, check out the gallery above, featuring Michael Arthur's work.