Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue July 22, 2014
Woman Will Officiate Big 12 Football Game For The First Time
Originally published on Tue July 22, 2014 12:13 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with congratulations to Catherine Conti. Cat Conti will be the first woman to officiate a football game in the Big 12 Conference. She'll be part of the crew when Kansas plays Southeast Missouri State. The officiating supervisor says she got that job because she's, quote, "darned good." Kansas coach Charlie Weis says because of Ms. Conti, he will try not to swear as much.
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Actually, Coach Weis, equality means curse away.
INSKEEP: It's [bleep] MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.