Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Louisiana Judiciary Commission
Tue July 31, 2012
Whitney named Judiciary Commission special counsel
Attorney Mary Whitney has been selected to serve as special counsel for the Louisiana Judiciary Commission.
The nine-member commission reviews allegations of judicial misconduct. The commission's Office of Special Counsel receives, investigates, and prosecutes formal charges regarding judicial behavior.
The Louisiana Supreme Court announced Whitney's appointment Monday.
The court says Whitney received undergraduate and graduate degrees from Nicholls State before getting a law degree from Florida State in 1992.
Her most recent position was commission counsel for the Louisiana Judiciary Commission. Past jobs have included stints as assistant special counsel to the commission and as senior central staff attorney for the Florida Supreme Court.