Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 22, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Where Y'Eat: Relighting The Tiki Torch
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed June 11, 2014
What Students Think About Common Core
Math teachers covered fewer topics in greater depth. English teachers cut back on fiction and assigned more supplemental readings — articles and essays that gave more context to, and offered up opinions about, classic works of literature.
Did students notice these changes? Is the Common Core on students’ radar? Students from Bard's Early College program in New Orleans weigh in.
This story was done in partnership with the Hechinger Report, a nonprofit nonpartisan education news service at Columbia University.
Support for education reporting on WWNO comes from Baptist Community Ministries, Entergy and the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.