Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
All Songs Considered
Thu November 15, 2012
This Week's All Songs Considered Mix: Local Natives, The Who, Gospel Claws, More
Originally published on Fri November 16, 2012 2:14 pm
Bob Boilen has had a ban on seeing arena rock shows for more than 30 years, but it may ending. He recently saw The Who at a mega-dome concert, performing one of Bob's favorite albums in its entirety. On this edition of All Songs Considered, hear a cut from that record and why Bob loves it so much.
Also on the show: Hear a cut from the upcoming Local Natives record, Hummingbird, the band's much-anticipated sophomore followup to 2010's Gorilla Manor. We've also got some fantastic new discoveries, including the ambient-rock group IO Echo, dreamy electronica from Blackbird Blackbird, and the mesmerizing voice of singer Angel Olsen. Plus we check back in with the Tempe, Ariz. band Gospel Claws, a group we first featured on All Songs Considered back in 2010.
Music Inside Out with Gwen Thompkins