Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Out To Lunch
Mon August 6, 2012
Wealth & Wellness
Mackie Shilstone isn't only New Orleans' health and fitness guru, he's a worldwide sports phenomenon. Mackie talks about working with superstar athletes — like Serena Williams, whom he recently helped recapture Wimbledon — and his own will to win.
New Orleanian Jessica Blanchard was a successful Accenture business consultant in Nice, France, before turning her back on international finance and devoting her life to health and wellness. Jessica is co-founder of Balance Yoga and Wellness Studio in Mid City, where she teaches yoga and pranayama, and practices Ayurvedic medicine.