Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Mon March 25, 2013
Video: A Day in the Life of a WWNO Producer
WWNO — New Orleans Public Radio, is listener-supported. That means support from the 1.5 million people in the station's 11-parish audience is our number-one means of support.
That especially resonates during our spring membership drive, which was in full swing two weeks ago. Each membership drive is especially gratifying, with hundreds of supporters calling in or heading to our website to contribute. This year we were especially struck by the high number of new and returning members, and by the enthusiastic comments coming in online and by phone.
Recently, UNO documentary film student Kathryn Hanzalik interviewed WWNO producer Thomas Walsh about the history of public radio in New Orleans, why it matters, and what a day in the life of a producer is like. Watch, enjoy, and if you want to join the party, click here.
Members Make It Possible