Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
The Listening Room
Fri July 6, 2012
Vermont: Small Town State
From the State of the Re:Union series. Quaint storefronts along Main streets, covered bridges over clear streams, cows from dairy farms dotting green valleys: across the state, these are the iconic images of Vermont.
But beyond its pastoral beauty, this is a place that prides itself on its independent spirit. This is truly a place where individual communities are self determining, where geographic isolation has forced people to get creative, and take their town's destiny into their own hands. In this hour, we'll hear a range of stories of the way Vermont's small town state identity manifests itself.
Go here for more information on this series.
Airing Sunday, July 8 at 9:00 p.m., on WWNO, 89.9 FM.