Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue September 4, 2012
Unemployment aid available for Isaac victims
People living in Louisiana parishes or Mississippi counties approved for individual aid from the Federal Emergency Management Agency and who have lost work because of the storm are eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance.
In Louisiana, the parishes are Ascension, Jefferson, Lafourche, Livingston, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. John the Baptist, and St. Tammany. In Mississippi, the counties are Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Pearl River.
Louisiana's Joint Information Center says the unemployment aid is for people whose jobs have been lost or interrupted because of the disaster in the parishes counties eligible for FEMA's individual disaster.