Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Reports
Mon March 21, 2011
UK Ambassador Defends Libyan Airstrikes
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Sir Nigel Sheinwald told the World Trade Center luncheon today that joining the US and France in taking out Libyan military facilities is the politically and morally right thing to do. And he says the missions are precise.
"A number of British jets last night turned back because they had information that there were civilians in the vicinity of the targets that they were originally going against. So instead of taking a chance on that they turned back and aborted their mission. So this is being done in the most careful and responsible way."
The Arab League has been criticizing the strikes as too aggressive. Sheinwald says there's no way to predict how long the no-fly operation will last.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming