Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Fri September 2, 2011
Tropical Storm Lee Develops In Gulf
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Voluntary evacuations are under way for some coastal areas in southeast Louisiana. Governor Bobby Jindal has declared a state of emergency to be in effect until sometime next week. Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has declared a state of emergency for counties expected to be slammed by the storm. New Orleans officials are telling residents to stay home if possible, especially those living near more than 30 traffic intersections that have significant flooding in stormy weather. Tropical storm warnings are in effect from Mississippi to Texas.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.