Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Fri September 2, 2011
Tropical Storm Lee Develops In Gulf
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Voluntary evacuations are under way for some coastal areas in southeast Louisiana. Governor Bobby Jindal has declared a state of emergency to be in effect until sometime next week. Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour has declared a state of emergency for counties expected to be slammed by the storm. New Orleans officials are telling residents to stay home if possible, especially those living near more than 30 traffic intersections that have significant flooding in stormy weather. Tropical storm warnings are in effect from Mississippi to Texas.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.