Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed June 13, 2012
Trial Winding Down Over Kevin Costner's Oil Clean-up Device
Star-powered testimony has wrapped up in federal court in New Orleans. Actors Kevin Costner and Stephen Baldwin are facing off over profits from a device aimed at cleaning up the BP oil spill.
Baldwin and a partner sued Costner, saying he didn’t tell them about a lucrative deal arranged with BP. It involved a centrifuge that would spin and separate the oil from water. Costner and Baldwin had invested in the company Ocean Therapy Solutions. He and Baldwin both say they used their celebrity to promote the devices.
Baldwin and his partner sold their shares days before the BP deal was announced. The machines were ultimately not used because the blown-out well was capped before they could be delivered. A jury is expected to begin deliberating this week.