Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Gulf Oil Spill
Sat April 23, 2011
Transocean Defends Safety Record
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The Coast Guard report says Transocean did not properly maintain the blowout preventer that failed to stop the spill. Transocean says the Coast Guard had inspected and certified the rig as being fully compliant with U-S and international marine standards. The Coast Guard along with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management investigated the accident and oil spill at several hearings held throughout the Gulf Coast. The joint panel is expected to release a full report on its findings in July.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.