Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Gulf Oil Spill
Sat April 23, 2011
Transocean Defends Safety Record
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The Coast Guard report says Transocean did not properly maintain the blowout preventer that failed to stop the spill. Transocean says the Coast Guard had inspected and certified the rig as being fully compliant with U-S and international marine standards. The Coast Guard along with the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management investigated the accident and oil spill at several hearings held throughout the Gulf Coast. The joint panel is expected to release a full report on its findings in July.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.