Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sun July 15, 2012
Thibodaux board can't act on harassment complaint
The Thibodaux Board of Civil Service has ruled it does not have authority to act on complaints by a police captain who claims Mayor Tommy Eschete and Police Chief Scott Silverii conspired to harass and demote him.
The Daily Comet reports (http://bit.ly/NmD0Fh) the complaint, filed by Calvin Cooks, claims Silverii and other officers spread rumors implicating Cooks in the slashing of tires on police vehicles in 2011.
The complaint also claims Eschete and Silverii conspired to remove Cooks from his role as assistant police chief. Cooks was appointed assistant chief in 2009, but Silverii eliminated the position when he took office in 2010.
The board did not rule on whether Cooks' claims had merit.