Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri November 22, 2013
Thanksgivukkah: A Once In A Lifetime Celebration
In honor of the incredibly rare occurrence of Thanksgiving and Hanukkah overlapping, Louisiana Eats! is building the perfect Thanksgivukkah holiday meal with caterers, cooks and bakers.
First we'll speak with Bertha Pichon, a Creole woman who's been the Kosher caterer in New Orleans for over forty years. The Kosher conversation continues with a chat about traditional Hanukkah cooking preparations with Mildred Covert.
Then we'll hear about some of Louisiana's favorite Thanksgiving dishes from Madeline Wright and the NOLA Pie Guy.
Fried Turkey Injection Marinade
½ cup butter
¼ cup Lea and Perrin
½ cup frozen orange juice concentrate
¼ cup Crystal hot sauce
4 tablespoons all purpose Creole seasoning
½ cup bourbon
Melt butter in a saucepan. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and fill turkey injection syringe with marinade, injecting into all parts of the turkey before frying.