Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed January 16, 2013
Terrebonne Voters to Decide on Water Tax
Terrebonne Parish voters probably will decide May 4 whether to approve a property tax designed to pay for water service.
The Courier reports the Parish Council voted this past week to put the 2.11-mill property tax on the ballot. The council must still ratify the measure Jan. 23 after a public hearing.
The tax is a requirement for Terrebonne to join the Bayou Lafourche Freshwater District, which supplies Terrebonne with 80 percent of its drinking water.