Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed July 28, 2010
Tall Fish Tales
TROUT PECAN MEUNIERE (Serves 6)
6 trout fillet
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon hot sauce
2 sticks butter
Juice of 2 lemons
1 1/2 Tablespoons Lea & Perrin Worcestershire sauce
3 T fresh chopped parsley
Combine the 1/3 cup of the pecans and the flour in the food processor. Pulse together until the mixture is the texture of coarse cornmeal.
Season with salt and pepper. Pour into a flat pan for dredging.
Whisk together egg and milk.
Place trout fillet in egg wash then dredge in seasoned flour.
Melt 1/2 stick of butter in a nonstick frying pan. When butter bubbles, add trout and fry until browned on both sides. Reserve in a warm oven.
Melt the remainder of the butter in a saucepan. Over high heat, beat the boiling butter constantly with a wire whisk. Be careful to constantly move the milk solids about briskly in the butter fat until the butter is browned. Remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice and Lea & Perrin. Spoon sauce generously over each fillet and sprinkle with parsley.