Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed November 28, 2012
"Talkin' Jazz" With Great New Orleans Trumpeter And Vocalist Gregg Stafford
Gregg Stafford is one of the Crescent City's most talented, deeply-rooted and musically-committed trumpeters and vocalists — the kind of performer whose rich mix of passion, expertise, energy and sense of humor always makes for good listening and happy audiences.
Stafford is also one of the founders of the Black Men of Labor organization, which is dedicated to keeping traditional brass band music on the streets of New Orleans; the leader of the Young Tuxedo Brass Band for over 25 years; and a long-time colleague of Dr. Michael White's in the Original Liberty Jazz Band. He recently sat down with WWNO's Fred Kasten for one of the "Talkin' Jazz" series interviews at the Old U.S. Mint.
Jazz Fest Minutes
Arts & Culture
Inside the Arts
Jazz & Heritage Foundation