Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Wed June 13, 2012
Sylvie Lewis On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Mon June 23, 2014 8:51 am
Singer-songwriter Sylvie Lewis makes her third appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded live on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown. Lewis is English by birth, but has made her home in Switzerland, Los Angeles, Boston and, lately, Rome. Her wanderlust imparts a worldly sophistication to her lyrics and voice, which call to mind sounds from another era. In this show, Lewis finds a way to sound elegant while sharing an embarrassing story about being on the wrong elevator at the wrong time with the wrong person.
On today's Mountain Stage, Lewis performs solo, transitioning effortlessly from piano to guitar to ukulele. Her silky vocals and slight jazz inflections reside at the forefront of her sound, especially in the hauntingly beautiful "The Song I Sang Before I Met You" and "Give Me the Roses Now." Lewis' most recent album titled is It's All True.
This Mountain Stage performance was originally published on June 13, 2012.