Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed November 28, 2012
Student's Email To Mom Gets Shared With Thousands
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. When an NYU student got an email about a new tuition form, he did the admirable thing. He sent it to mom. Do you want me to do this, he asked. Little did he know he'd hit reply all not forward. And the email went to 40,000 students. Immediately NYU student body saw opportunity - the chance to send whatever they wanted to everyone. One circulated a photo of Nicholas Cage. Another wrote: How is everyone today? My favorite email: Anyone have a pencil I could borrow. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.