Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed February 23, 2011
Stories of Struggles & Success
Breakfast Rice and Eggs
1 Cup of Rice
2 Cups of Water or Stock
1/2 teaspoon salt (if desired)
1 tablespoon butter (if desired)
1 Egg for each cup of rice
1. Bring the water to a boil.
2. Add the rice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of butter, stir once.
3. Cover the pot and return the water to a boil.
4. Immediately turn the stove down to simmer and cook about 15-20 minutes.
Rice is usually done when the water is completely absorbed.
Heat a small portion of butter in a skillet and add the cooked rice, stirring until heated.
Add the raw egg and scramble together.
If desired, add sausage, ham, sauteed onion or bell pepper and cheese.
Another alternative is to serve fried eggs on top of the cooked rice.