Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Thu July 19, 2012
State GOP pours $100,000 into fighting recalls
The Louisiana Republican Party has spent nearly $100,000 over the last two months to combat recall petitions aimed at Gov. Bobby Jindal, House Speaker Chuck Kleckley and other lawmakers.
By comparison, the teachers leading the Jindal and Kleckley recall efforts report spending about $2,100.
That's according to campaign finance reports reviewed by The Advocate (http://bit.ly/NztEFQ).
The documents show that the state GOP has brought in Jindal's campaign strategy firm OnMessage to help out, paying it $20,000. Nearly $52,000 has been spent to support Kleckley, largely on television advertising.
Reports filed by Angie Bonvillain, who chairs the Jindal recall effort, and Brenda Romero, who chairs the effort against Kleckley, show little financial activity. The two efforts had mostly in-kind contributions to pay for a website, yard signs and a newspaper advertisement.