Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Wed June 6, 2012
Stadium Flap to Play Out at Tulane Forum
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A debate in New Orleans over whether Tulane University should be allowed to build a new football stadium is about to play out on campus.
Tulane has set a Wednesday night forum on the issue.
The university has played football at the domed stadium downtown for decades but Tulane now wants to bring football back to campus. It is an issue that has divided neighbors of the proposed site in uptown New Orleans. And it will be playing out in the coming weeks in court as well as before the New Orleans planning commission and the City Council.