Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri November 30, 2012
Spurs Coach Under Fire For Sending Players Home
Originally published on Fri November 30, 2012 5:44 pm
Robert Siegel talks to Sports Illustrated senior writer Michael Rosenberg about a controversial decision by the basketball coach of the San Antonio Spurs. The team's coach, Greg Popovich, sent four of his top players home before the team played the Miami Heat in Florida. The Spurs were concluding a difficult road trip and Popovich wanted to rest his best players. National Basketball Association Commissioner David Stern said this decision was unacceptable and has fined the team $250,000.