Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon May 6, 2013
SPLAT! Gov. Christie 'Saved A Few School Children From Spider'
Originally published on Mon May 6, 2013 2:30 pm
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has a reputation for being tough. It was certainly on display Friday, when he "saved a few school children from a spider."
Christie even tweeted a video of the incident, which is making the rounds on the Internet today. The school kids are understandably concerned when they see the spider, but Christie solves the issue quickly, smashing the little bug with his bare hand.
The children cheer, but we just kept wondering: Who smashes bugs using just their hands. We would've used our shoe or at least used a napkin. What do you think? (The question will close in seven days.)
The People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals told Talking Points Memo that Christie took action without "pondering" the spider's "worth."
This incident brings to mind the time President Obama stealthily smashed a fly during an interview with CNBC.