Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Fri May 2, 2014
Special Legislative Election Called To Replace Rep. Jared Brossett
House Speaker Chuck Kleckley is calling a special election in November to fill a vacant state House seat representing part of New Orleans.
Rep. Jared Brossett, a Democrat from New Orleans, resigned from the House of Representatives this week to take an elected seat on the New Orleans City Council.
Kleckley set the special election to fill the House District 97 seat to coincide with the Nov. 4 congressional elections being held around Louisiana. A runoff, if needed, will be held Dec. 6.
Qualifying for candidates is set for Aug. 20 through Aug. 22.