Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Tue September 4, 2012
Some Louisiana oyster beds reopen
Louisiana's health department has reopened some of the oyster harvest areas that were closed Tuesday as a precautionary measure in advance of Hurricane Isaac.
The state said Saturday that oyster harvesting resumed in areas 26, 27 and 28, which are located in the coastal areas of St. Mary and Vermillion parishes.
Tropical Storm Isaac
Andre Perry Commentary