Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Arts & Culture
Sun October 28, 2012
Solid Harmony Reigns When Topsy Chapman and Her Daughters Sing
Topsy Chapman is one of New Orleans' finest singers, adept at gospel, blues, rhythm and blues and jazz. Her trio Solid Harmony — with daughters Yolanda Windsay and Jolynda Phillips — is one of the best, most soulful vocal harmony groups working today. It all started for Topsy Chapman on a farm in Kentwood, Louisiana — a farm where gospel music was raised right along with the cotton. WWNO's Fred Kasten picks up the story...
To find out more about Topsy Chapman and Solid Harmony please click here: http://www.topsychapman.com/
The Sound of Books