Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue May 15, 2012
Smoked Paprika Carrot And Parsnip Chips
Since carrots and parsnips are naturally supersweet, they appreciate the heat from the black pepper and smoked paprika in this recipe.
Makes 4 servings
4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal, paper-thin
2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced on the diagonal, paper-thin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place vegetable slices in a large bowl and, using your hands, toss with olive oil and spices until coated. Lay in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and starting to crisp around the edges. Remove from oven and eat.