Most Active Stories
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Tue May 15, 2012
Smoked Paprika Carrot And Parsnip Chips
Since carrots and parsnips are naturally supersweet, they appreciate the heat from the black pepper and smoked paprika in this recipe.
Makes 4 servings
4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced on the diagonal, paper-thin
2 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced on the diagonal, paper-thin
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. For easy cleanup, line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place vegetable slices in a large bowl and, using your hands, toss with olive oil and spices until coated. Lay in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown and starting to crisp around the edges. Remove from oven and eat.