Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Gulf Plane Crash
Fri April 20, 2012
Small Plane Sinks into Gulf; Lost Pilot Contact
PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a pilot flying a Cessna across the Gulf of Mexico stopped responding to radio calls including those from two F-15 aviators who flew alongside and monitored the plane for hours before it crashed into the water. A Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman says the plane was headed from Slidell, La., to Sarasota, Fla.