Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon March 11, 2013
Slidell Woman Dies After Head-On Collision With Train
Slidell police say a 53-year-old woman died after turning onto railroad tracks and running head-on into a freight train.
Police say in a news release that Jamii Pizzitolo of Slidell had to be extricated from her car. She was flown late Friday to the Interim LSU Public Hospital in New Orleans, where she died.
Police believe impairment may have contributed to the accident.
About an hour before the crash, someone called 911 to report a possible drunk driver in a gold Oldsmobile Alero. Police looked for the car but could not find it.
Pizzitolo was driving a 2004 gold Oldsmobile Alero.