Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Mon March 11, 2013
Slidell Woman Dies After Head-On Collision With Train
Slidell police say a 53-year-old woman died after turning onto railroad tracks and running head-on into a freight train.
Police say in a news release that Jamii Pizzitolo of Slidell had to be extricated from her car. She was flown late Friday to the Interim LSU Public Hospital in New Orleans, where she died.
Police believe impairment may have contributed to the accident.
About an hour before the crash, someone called 911 to report a possible drunk driver in a gold Oldsmobile Alero. Police looked for the car but could not find it.
Pizzitolo was driving a 2004 gold Oldsmobile Alero.