Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
WWNO News Features
Fri February 18, 2011
Shell Beach Faces an Uncertain Future
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – Ever since oil spewed into Gulf waters last April, folks who work and live in Shell Beach, Louisiana have been waiting -- waiting to see what happens to the marine animals their livelihoods depend upon, and waiting to find out the full effects on the businesses and community they rebuild after Katrina. Over nine months since the Macondo Well exploded, Eve Abrams found that the residents of Shell Beach have few answers, only more questions.