Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
WWNO News Features
Fri February 18, 2011
Shell Beach Faces an Uncertain Future
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – Ever since oil spewed into Gulf waters last April, folks who work and live in Shell Beach, Louisiana have been waiting -- waiting to see what happens to the marine animals their livelihoods depend upon, and waiting to find out the full effects on the businesses and community they rebuild after Katrina. Over nine months since the Macondo Well exploded, Eve Abrams found that the residents of Shell Beach have few answers, only more questions.