Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
State Employee Retirement
Tue May 15, 2012
Senate Waters Down, Passes Jindal Retirement Bill
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's proposal to boost the amount rank-and-file state workers pay for their retirement has been approved by the Louisiana Senate. The measure was approved yesterday, but only after several provisions were added that make it unlikely the full 2 percentage point increase would take effect.