Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
State Employee Retirement
Tue May 15, 2012
Senate Waters Down, Passes Jindal Retirement Bill
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — Gov. Bobby Jindal's proposal to boost the amount rank-and-file state workers pay for their retirement has been approved by the Louisiana Senate. The measure was approved yesterday, but only after several provisions were added that make it unlikely the full 2 percentage point increase would take effect.