Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wait Wait ... Don't Tell Me!
Tue May 29, 2012
Sandwich Monday Memorial Day Picnic Dispatch: Piñata Cookies
Originally published on Tue May 29, 2012 10:59 am
Barbecue is not only delicious, it's magnanimous. So even though it's supposed to be the star of the Memorial Day picnic, sometimes it lets the new guy have the spotlight. Such was the situation when Friend of Sandwich Monday Adam showed up with Piñata Cookies: cookies with a surprise inside. Here's a recipe.
Ian: The cookies are nice and moist. But it's nice to know if they weren't, we could bring in an 8-year-old's birthday party to beat them open with bats.
Eva: Just like with the contents of a regular piñata, I'm shoving this cookie in my mouth as fast as I can before anyone else can get to it.
Eva: When someone told me they were blindfolding me and taking me to the lake, I had no idea the outcome would be this delicious.
Ian: It's neat how the candy is trapped in there. I hope if I ever get thrown in jail, it's also in a tiny prison made of cookies.
[The verdict: Amazing. It took Adam seven days to make these cookies, and we assume on the seventh day he rested.]