Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu December 20, 2012
Sales Of Existing Homes Hit Three-Year High
Originally published on Thu December 20, 2012 10:04 am
There was a 5.9 percent rise in sales of previously owned homes in November from October, the National Association of Realtors says.
At their 5.04 million annual rate, sales were the highest since November 2009.
"Momentum continues to build," NAR chief economist Lawrence Yun says in the organization's report.
As Reuters notes, "the U.S. housing market tanked on the eve of the 2007-09 recession and has yet to fully recover, but steady job creation has helped the housing sector this year, when it is expected to add to economic growth for the first time since 2005."
Earlier today, there was word that third-quarter economic growth has been revised upward again.