Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Thu February 25, 2010
Riley, Cannizzaro React to Danziger Bridge Plea
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – New Orleans Police Superintendent Warren Riley said the Danziger Bridge case has disgraced the uniform. He said former Lieutenant Michael Lohman should face the maximum prison term.for his part in the cover-up. District Attorney Leon Cannizzaro said he was personally very disappointed, upset and disturbed by the case. Cannizzaro said that Lohman's plea means that any person convicted of a crime based on his testimony could ask for their case to be examined. Lohman pleaded guilty in federal court to one count of obstruction of justice. Prosecutors say the case has evidence of a planted gun and false reports. In addition to the two people shot and killed by police, four were seriously hurt. US Attorney Jim Letten says the investigation continues.