Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon March 31, 2014
Reshaping A Greater New Orleans: Criminal Justice
WWNO — New Orleans Public Radio and public television station WYES are collaborating on coverage of reforms to the Orleans Parish criminal justice system.
WYES Special Projects Producer Marcia Kavanaugh has completed the hour-long special "Reshaping a Greater New Orleans: Criminal Justice". In this first story for WWNO based on her reporting, Kavanaugh includes the voices of lawmakers, judges and watchdogs.
The collaboration will continue with more on court reform, as the state legislative session continues. In the fall WWNO will feature reports from WYES coverage of the consent decrees, as well as online candidate forums as New Orleans heads into the autumn elections for judgeships and district attorney.
Support for the criminal justice collaboration between WWNO and WYES comes from Baptist Community Ministries.