Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Fri June 22, 2012
Report: Southeast, Gulf Need Deeper Port Harbors
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A federal agency says Gulf and Southeast U.S. ports will need big help getting ready to trade with supersized cargo ships expected to arrive through an expanded Panama Canal. The Army Corps of Engineers says deepening harbors to accommodate the giant ships could require up to $5 billion.