Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon February 25, 2013
Red Carpet Glam: NPR's Coverage Of A Night At The Oscars
Originally published on Sun February 24, 2013 11:23 pm
Updated at 12:17 a.m. ET.: Amidst a whirl of diva performances and jokes that left many reeling, Argo won the Oscar for best picture, Jennifer Lawrence claimed best actress and Daniel Day-Lewis snagged best actor. Here's the full winners list.
Our Original Post Continues:
Hollywood's biggest night is here.
Celebrities, producers, directors, writers — some are wearing skin-tight gowns while others are sporting cummerbunds — it's all happening at this year's 85th Annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles. And we're watching along with you.
Join Monkey See's live blog of the broadcast to keep track of tonight's winners and losers. Linda Holmes and friends Stephen Thompson and culture writer Marc Hirsh, are all doing their best to keep you up past your bedtime.
And if you think you have better jokes than this year's awards host, Seth MacFarlane, chime in any time on our live chat.
Speaking of funny, check out Wait,Wait's live photo-blogging with red carpet commentary, we can assure you, you won't see anywhere else.
Can't tell the difference between Armani Prive and Alexander McQueen? Don't worry our friends over at Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me, can't either — but that doesn't mean they don't have an opinion.