Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
The Sound of Books
Thu November 24, 2011
The Reading Life 11/22/11
New Orleans, LA – It's the season for gratitude, for counting one's blessings. I've been wandering my house, scanning my shelves for the books that have made me who I am. Here are some of the ones I'm grateful for.
1. "The Chronicles of Narnia," by C.S. Lewis.
2. "Jane Eyre," by Charlotte Bronte.
3. "The Golden Notebook," by Doris Lessing.
4. "Everything You Need," by A.L. Kennedy.
5. "Parnassus on Wheels" and "The Haunted Bookshop," by Christopher Morley.
6. "The Harry Potter books," by J.K. Rowling.
7. "Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen," by Laurie Colwin.
8. "Unless," by Carol Shields.
9. "Thirst, by Mary Oliver.
10. "A Room of One's Own," by Virginia Woolf.