Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
The Sound of Books
Thu November 24, 2011
The Reading Life 11/22/11
New Orleans, LA – It's the season for gratitude, for counting one's blessings. I've been wandering my house, scanning my shelves for the books that have made me who I am. Here are some of the ones I'm grateful for.
1. "The Chronicles of Narnia," by C.S. Lewis.
2. "Jane Eyre," by Charlotte Bronte.
3. "The Golden Notebook," by Doris Lessing.
4. "Everything You Need," by A.L. Kennedy.
5. "Parnassus on Wheels" and "The Haunted Bookshop," by Christopher Morley.
6. "The Harry Potter books," by J.K. Rowling.
7. "Home Cooking: A Writer in the Kitchen," by Laurie Colwin.
8. "Unless," by Carol Shields.
9. "Thirst, by Mary Oliver.
10. "A Room of One's Own," by Virginia Woolf.