Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Wed January 16, 2013
Rapides Parish Looks to Link with China
The Rapides Parish Police Jury is a step closer to forging an educational, cultural and commercial partnership with a Chinese city.
The Town Talk reports a jury committee approved a motion brought to the panel by state Rep. Herbert Dixon, D-Alexandria, to support efforts to build a sister community relationship with the city of Shangqiu. The full Police Jury will vote on the resolution next week.
A dialogue about a possible relationship between the regions began when several central Louisiana residents participated in a trip to China last March. In September, a delegation from Shangqiu visited central Louisiana.
The partnership would emphasize building mutually beneficial opportunities in trade, cultural and educational exchange and tourism.