Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Features
Mon April 27, 2009
Ponderosa Stomp Exhibit is Open!
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, LA –
For two nights in between the Jazz Fest weekends, another festival, known as the Ponderosa Stomp, celebrated the unsung pioneers of Rock and Roll. This year, in addition to two nights of non-stop music, and a two day conference of panel discussions and movies, the Ponderosa Stomp Foundation opened a year long exhibit at the Louisiana State Museum, called Unsung Heroes: the Secret History of Louisiana Rock and Roll. Eve Abrams has more.