Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Features
Mon April 27, 2009
Ponderosa Stomp Exhibit is Open!
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, LA –
For two nights in between the Jazz Fest weekends, another festival, known as the Ponderosa Stomp, celebrated the unsung pioneers of Rock and Roll. This year, in addition to two nights of non-stop music, and a two day conference of panel discussions and movies, the Ponderosa Stomp Foundation opened a year long exhibit at the Louisiana State Museum, called Unsung Heroes: the Secret History of Louisiana Rock and Roll. Eve Abrams has more.