Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
WWNO News Features
Mon April 27, 2009
Ponderosa Stomp Exhibit is Open!
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, LA –
For two nights in between the Jazz Fest weekends, another festival, known as the Ponderosa Stomp, celebrated the unsung pioneers of Rock and Roll. This year, in addition to two nights of non-stop music, and a two day conference of panel discussions and movies, the Ponderosa Stomp Foundation opened a year long exhibit at the Louisiana State Museum, called Unsung Heroes: the Secret History of Louisiana Rock and Roll. Eve Abrams has more.