Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Sat December 15, 2012
Police: Men Use Tow Truck to Steal Cars From Homes
A New Orleans resident has helped police catch two men suspected of using a tow truck to steal cars from homes.
Dawn Dedeaux tells WWL-TV that she caught two men trying to steal her van from a house near the Fair Grounds Race Course. Dedeaux collected enough information that New Orleans police were able to arrest two men who allegedly were towing cars and selling them for scrap in Belle Chasse.
Keith Lanne, 45, and Ruel Smith, 32, both of Gretna, were arrested on multiple counts of theft and conspiracy.
Police say the suspects got at least three cars before Dedeaux encountered them, including two from Dedeaux's next-door neighbor.