Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sat December 15, 2012
Police: Men Use Tow Truck to Steal Cars From Homes
A New Orleans resident has helped police catch two men suspected of using a tow truck to steal cars from homes.
Dawn Dedeaux tells WWL-TV that she caught two men trying to steal her van from a house near the Fair Grounds Race Course. Dedeaux collected enough information that New Orleans police were able to arrest two men who allegedly were towing cars and selling them for scrap in Belle Chasse.
Keith Lanne, 45, and Ruel Smith, 32, both of Gretna, were arrested on multiple counts of theft and conspiracy.
Police say the suspects got at least three cars before Dedeaux encountered them, including two from Dedeaux's next-door neighbor.