Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
This Is NPR
Wed June 20, 2012
Pie Week Heats Up at NPR HQ
Originally published on Wed December 19, 2012 10:59 am
In preparation for Pie Week (airing July 2-7), and just in time for the 4th of July, Morning Edition and The Salt are asking listeners and staff to weigh in on the food that never misses a picnic: pie. The research got heated yesterday at an in-house pie contest where NPR staff submitted sweet and savory treats representing regions across the country.
Taste-testers (in-house, and virtual salavators) vied for their favorite submissions on Twitter (#pieweek). Taking the, um, cake: Bubbe Pavone's Honey Caramel Peach Pie, baked by NPR's Jessica Pavone. The Salt awarded Pavone her virtual blue ribbon this afternoon in a post about what flavors of pies are most popular with American consumers.
Check out a few of the other entries below, which included the British toffee treat Banoffi, a Game of Thrones inspired meat pie (above) and a pizza pie, among others.