Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
This Is NPR
Wed June 20, 2012
Pie Week Heats Up at NPR HQ
Originally published on Wed December 19, 2012 10:59 am
In preparation for Pie Week (airing July 2-7), and just in time for the 4th of July, Morning Edition and The Salt are asking listeners and staff to weigh in on the food that never misses a picnic: pie. The research got heated yesterday at an in-house pie contest where NPR staff submitted sweet and savory treats representing regions across the country.
Taste-testers (in-house, and virtual salavators) vied for their favorite submissions on Twitter (#pieweek). Taking the, um, cake: Bubbe Pavone's Honey Caramel Peach Pie, baked by NPR's Jessica Pavone. The Salt awarded Pavone her virtual blue ribbon this afternoon in a post about what flavors of pies are most popular with American consumers.
Check out a few of the other entries below, which included the British toffee treat Banoffi, a Game of Thrones inspired meat pie (above) and a pizza pie, among others.