Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Tue January 29, 2013
Oyster Processor/State Commissioner in ICU
One of the best-known people in Louisiana's seafood business is in intensive care.
Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board executive director Ewell Smith says oyster company owner Mike Voisin was hospitalized early Saturday at Terrebonne General Hospital in Houma.
Voisin is owner of Motivatit Seafood and a member of the state Wildlife and Fisheries Commissioner. He's a former Chairman of the National Fisheries Institute and of the Louisiana Oyster Task force, and a founder of the seafood board.
Smith says he's been in touch with the family daily since Voisin's heart stopped early Saturday. He says Voisin's daughter happened to be visiting and was able to start CPR before an ambulance arrived, and on Tuesday Voisin responded to a request to move his fingers.