Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
New Orleans Police
Thu March 15, 2012
One Dead in Hollygrove Shooting
A 44-year-old man in the Hollygrove neighborhood was shot dead Thursday evening, according to a statement released by the New Orleans Police Department.
Police say the victim, whose name is being withheld pending notification of his family, was discovered by officers in the 3000 block of General Ogden Street, at about 7:45 p.m. The man, who was suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, was lying in the middle of the street when officers arrived.
Responders transported him to a local hospital, where he died.
Investigators are still working to determine a motive.
French Quarter Murder