Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri October 18, 2013
Official Decisions On Blight Are Not Always Transparent
This week, the city held public hearings about overhauling the citywide zoning code.
Most people don't pay attention to zoning issues, but it has a direct impact on potentially every property in the city — from bars and retail to major manufacturing.
Reporter Karen Gadbois covers land use for The Lens. She talks with WWNO's Eve Troeh about the many ways that zoning decisions and other city initiatives like blight reduction can impact neighborhoods and homeowners, and how those important decisions are made.